Grooved gaskets offer safe sealing with extreme operating conditions like temperatures up to 550°C and pressure up to 400 bar.
For corrosion-technical reasons we deliver primarily grooved gaskets from high-grade steel with a graphite layer in a thickness of 0.5 mm per side. Therefor the gasket thickness in the state as delivered is 4 + 1 = 5 mm. Applying an optimal state of moldability within the state of installation an excess length of roundabout 0,15 mm of graphite will remain over the cams. This causes protection demage of the flange surfaces based on highest deneness.
Our standard-product programme offers 4 profile types for grooved gaskets.
Kammprofil B 7 A SS 304 dia OD 2200 x ID 2160 x 10/11 mm thickness
Material basic body
Steel - 1.4541, 1.4571, 16Mo3
- Other materials on request
Pure graphite 98% - PTFE - in special cases in silver
tmax = - 25°C bis +550°C; pH = 0 - 14
p up to 400 bar (> 400 bar on request)
with pure graphite layer: 0,5, 0,8 and 1,0 mm per side
- Outstanding temperature resistance - permanent temperature:-200°C to approx. +550°C (from +450°C consultation necessary)
- High pressure application limit (400 bar)
- very good media resistance, particularly against corrosive materials and chemicals
- no ageing or embrittlement – harmless to health
Areas of Application/ Appliances
- For flanges and connections similar to flanges in the chemistry, petrochemistry, power station technology etc.